2017-6-20 Third Journey, Day 4, Tuesday

Mostly a stay at home catch-up day. Arranged room for more efficient two week stay. Twice walked perimeter of the "Muslim and Christian" Quarters of the Old City though, doing some shopping. Found launderer on first trip and took him a load of laundry in my backpack on the second one.

Here's the only laundry place I can find inside the Old City. His washing machine is just out of sight to the right but it's only the size of those very small space-saving units you find in tiny apartments. He ironed everything though (no women in sight the three times I was in there) and delivered it to my room at the Hospice so maybe the $20 deal wasn't so bad. Then again, maybe it was, since I can't find any place else with which to compare. Still, I'd gotten real tired of doing laundry in the sinks or showers these last three weeks so it was worth it to ME!

Ate dinner at 8 o'clock in a larger than normal restaurant just across the the street from the Hospice which has both indoor and outdoor seating. View of the restaurant from the room:

Donna tells me that half the fun in traveling is found in the unusual foods. Maybe she's right because I found this fish dinner truly delicious, although I'm not sure it's all that unusual:

Total walking distance for the day:  3.3 miles


Go with God and God will be good
Larry H

Comments