2011 - 3rd Journey "Idling Overheated Engines"

Hi everybody.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm fine, but already three days (and counting) behind on blog posts.  Two of these last three days have been among the most amazing and satisfying spins of the planet in my entire existence, but circumstances also militated against finding either the time, strength or means to write them up and get online. 

Worse, I'm about to enter the suspended animation of plane time.  I'm currently sitting in a Jerusalem hostel waiting for a shared taxi ride I think they pronounce "share-root".  Then I'll be an hour on the road before heading into the security and check-in lines at Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion Airport.  At "midnight 0 five" the plane leaps into the sky for eleven or twelve hours before disgorging my depleted mind and body in New York.  Two and a half hours later I'll be catapaulted into the sky again before finally sweeping down into Seattle.  Another hour after that and I'll be home battling a wicked jet lag that took me three days to beat last year.  All of that is just my way of pleading, "Please be patient with me and I'll get these last few days of "The Third Journey" written up as soon as possible."

So, at this moment I'm kind of "idling my overheated engines".  For now I'll only leave you with these teasers.  Here are three photos to peruse.  Each is taken at a different location.  The first two are on the Sea of Galilee.  The third is from Jerusalem.  Can you guess where I was?





Comments