2011 - Rigging For Departure

Feeling perhaps just a little like Lewis and Clark precisely 207 years ago as they completed final preparations for Thomas Jefferson's "Corps of Discovery" expedition, I have purchased my last supplies, passed through several practice packings, and expect to take flight in Seattle late this coming Monday night (God willing) bound for Israel. 

After enduring a layover in Minneapolis, I'll join 41 other "lovers of all things Biblical" at the Kennedy Airport in New York and board a plane for Tel Aviv, Israel around 7 pm Tuesday night (April 26th, 2011) whereupon we'll spend 11 hours contemplating the adventure ahead while twisting uncomfortably in airline seats.  Ferrell Jenkins, professor at Florida College for 25 years, archeologist at Lachish in 1980, and tour guide extraordinaire for more than 40 years, will direct our activities thereafter.

I'll do my best to keep you all appraised of our adventures throughout the four weeks to come.  Since this is my very first experience with blogging, I trust you'll all be patient as I sojourn in the Bible lands and simultaneously attempt to learn what blogging is about. 

What follows are two tests.  One to see if I can handle photos, and the other from last year's time in Israel to test videos.  The photo is of myself and my granddaughter Sophie.  The video is an 8 second clip taken last year on the bridge in a park at Joppa (yes, THAT Joppa).  The video will be quite uninteresting to those who don't know Donna (my wife), Lyle Graddon (an elder of the Kirkland church) or Ron Cope (preacher in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho).  Likely, it won't be interesting to those who DO know them either. 

Bear with me.  I just need to see if I'm doing this correctly.
Here we go.  Testing, one, two three...





Alright!  Everything seems to be working. 
My next post should be from Israel.

Shalom!  Larry H

Comments

  1. Have a good time and be safe Larry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take lots of great photos and then come to Quincy and show us.

    Go with God,
    Shawn Highfill and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your journal and following the trips Marge Cooper told me your site Please tell her and Dave I have been looking and can't wait to hear all about it when they come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beauty of the internet, 2 1/2 years after your journey I can read and see your experience. I have been doing a 5 year study on the life of Christ wit a close look at His walking. The idea is to look at the gospels as you are walking with Him. I studied in Israel in 1976 at the then American Holy Land Institute with Jim Munsen. I look forward to reading your experience. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment